It’s up! The 48-foot billboard can be seen on Telegraph Ave. between 24th and 25th street – congrats to Jesica Martin, Oakland Digital’s 2012 Inspire Oakland Program’s grand prize winner!
Before moving to Oakland, CA, two years ago, Jesica worked as a preschool teacher in Argentina. Seeking higher wages and more opportunities, she challenged herself by moving to Oakland. To Jesica, Oakland means freedom, opportunity, diversity, acceptance and it’s vibrant spirit with unlimited potential.
“Budget cuts to education is impacting the opportunity and needed resources for underserved students,” says Linda Poeng, Vice President and Treasurer of Oakland Digital (ODALC), “Oakland Digital’s Inspire Program aims to educate, inspire and empower artists.”
The positive impact of Oakland Digital’s Inspire Program:
- Offers an outlet to jumpstart artists’ digital media and design careers
- Professional development with lessened barriers to workforce entry
- Direct internship and networking opportunities
- Provides at-risk young adults a creative outlet for personal expression
- Understand the creative briefing process
- Encourages graphic design and information technologies through creative expression
- Creation of a professional portfolio piece judged by industry professionals
- Obtain high visibility and the opportunity to have his/her design featured on traditional and digital billboards
Since 2009, Oakland Digital (ODALC) has empowered the lives of nearly 900
underserved Oakland, CA, and East Bay citizens.
As a grassroots, volunteer-driven not-for-profit, Oakland Digital is seeking
funding to support expansion and training endeavors.
Support Oakland Digital:
EDUCATE working-age young people and struggling small business owners to utilize the digital resources they need to compete in today’s economy. Your gift will have an immediate and direct impact on our programming!
INSPIRE low-income communities. Rouse the next generation, uplift the city, and ensure that no one gets left behind in this time of technological and social transition.
EMPOWER community members to take a proactive role in the digital economy. We open up new channels of dialogue by inviting participants of all lifestyles, and cultural backgrounds to interact with one another in a cooperative and constructive environment.
All we need is you. Donate today and support this wonderful city where we work, learn, and share life together!
5 WAYS TO GIVE:
1) PayPal: We accept secure donations with PayPal (email@example.com). Click the “PayPal Donate” image below; every dollar makes a difference!
2) Credit Card: We accept secure credit card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex/Discover) donations over the phone, (510) 435-2945, press 0.
4) Assets: To donate gifts of stock, air miles or other assets, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Mail: If you prefer to send a check or money order, please click the green button below, complete form and remit to:
Oakland Digital (ODALC)
1224 Harrison Street
Oakland, CA 94612-3913
Our tax ID number is 27-0720655. All contributions are tax-exempted to the extent allowed by the law.