FOR LEADERS: INSPIRATION AWARDS
presented by Oakland Digital (ODALC)
Meaning & Significance
Oakland Digital (ODALC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public benefit organization which aims to educate, inspire, and empower underserved diverse communities to participate in the digital economy.
As a neutral educational platform, Oakland Digital strives to combine commercial activity and technological advancements with civic responsibilities by developing the skills of Oakland citizens in this growing Internet and technology-driven marketplace.
Founded in 2009, Oakland Digital has earned the respect and admiration of many leaders in educational and civic affairs for its high degree of community involvement; it has brought progressive new ideas to better serve the citizens of Oakland by:
- Promoting artistic expression and professional development for students (“Inspire” Program),
- Hosting small-business symposiums at Oakland City Hall (“Social Media for Small Business”), and
- Fostering the success of small businesses by equipping business owners with digital tools to succeed (“Digital Equity” Program).
Utilizing the influential impact of inspiring role models, Oakland Digital recognizes and honors prominent San Francisco Bay Area individuals who have made substantial contributions to the community at large through their innovation and dedication in their chosen fields of:
- Community / Artistic Creativity
Selection process (by Oakland Digital’s Board of Directors and Advisory Board) considers the Honoree’s
(scale of 1 to 10; 10 being highest):
- Community Involvement
- Commitment to Diversity
- Local & Regional Impact
- Track Record of Excellence
Join Oakland Digital, as we highlight their outstanding achievements in a ceremonial manner and thank them for their positive impact upon the Bay Area and beyond. Get Involved by visiting @ www.inspiration-awards.com.