Inspire Oakland is Oakland Digital’s workforce development program that encourages interest in graphic design and information technologies through creative expression. The program seeks to incubate overlooked young talent and enable tomorrow’s leaders by giving them tools and strategies to overcome economic barriers to personal achievement and success.
“Budget cuts to education is impacting the opportunity and needed resources for underserved students,” says Linda Poeng, Vice President and Treasurer of Oakland Digital (ODALC), “Oakland Digital’s Inspire Program aims to educate, inspire and empower artists.”
The positive impact of Oakland Digital’s Inspire Program:
- Offers an outlet to jumpstart artists’ digital media and design careers
- Professional development with lessened barriers to workforce entry
- Direct internship and networking opportunities
- Provides at-risk young adults a creative outlet for personal expression
- Understand the creative briefing process
- Encourages graphic design and information technologies through creative expression
- Creation of a professional portfolio piece judged by industry professionals
- Obtain high visibility and the opportunity to have his/her design featured on traditional and digital billboards
The ultimate goal of Inspire Oakland is to promote a positive image of the city that unites and inspires its diverse population while helping to jumpstart the digital media careers of underserved students. Oakland Digital advocates diversity and offers our services in a context that is sensitive to the learning needs of each individual and inclusive to all cultural backgrounds.
Summary: Oakland Digital’s Inspire Oakland program invites aspiring artists & designers attending underinvested educational institutions in Oakland, CA, to create a billboard design that answers the question, “What about Oakland inspires YOU?” – the top 4 designs are featured on commercial billboards in Uptown & East Oakland and Berkeley, CA.
Interested in participating? CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
We are looking for additional Inspire sponsors to participate, please call (510) 435-2945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Sponsorship includes logo placement on at least one commercial billboard.